The Auckland Badminton Association (ABA) is starting the Interclub programme for 2021. Singles and mixed doubles format.
Cost is $450 per team.
The Singles Competition will run on Tuesday nights from 4 May to 8 June (6 weeks).
- The format is 6 matches per tie: Women’s Singles, Men’s Singles, Women’s Doubles, Men’s Doubles and 2x Mixed Doubles.
- Minimum 3 and a maximum of 6 men and women per team.
- Each player can play no more than 2 matches per tie.
- Scoring is best of 3 games to 21 points with extension as per the current BWF scoring.
The Mixed Doubles Competition will run on Thursday nights from 6 May to 10 June (6 weeks).
- 4 players in a team – 2 men and 2 women per night.
- Each tie comprises 6 matches.
- Each person plays 1 doubles match – Men’s Doubles and Women’s Doubles.
- 4 Mixed Doubles matches (each male player will play two mixed doubles, partnering each female player in the team).
- All 4 players MUST play in ranked order. Number 1 being the strongest doubles player and number 2 the next strongest.
- Reserves can play and fill in for a player before the tie has started. The reserve must play in graded order.
- A reserve may not play in place of a player who has played or commenced play in one of his/her matches. If a player is incapacitated then all his/her matches will be defaulted.
- Singles – 27 April
- Mixed doubles – Thursday 29 April
If you are interested in playing Interclub or want further details, please speak to Pat, Kerk or a committee member.